grades of saffron
Saffron is a widely used and rare spice around the world. We are going to talk to you about the grades of saffron. Saffron, like any other product, has different qualities. Different qualities can affect their price and cause their price to rise or fall. If you are curious to know more about saffron, we suggest you follow us to the end of the content. There are different types of saffron in the international market. Each of these categories has different qualities and can be used for a variety of purposes.
How do you check the quality of different grades of saffron?
may also be wondering how to understand the quality of the grades of saffron. There are several ways to do this that can help you. Let’s look at some of them together. The first point is that when you are looking at saffron, you should not see any white or yellow color in saffron strings. The second case is the test of saffron. To do this, you can crush saffron a little and pour it into cold water. Saffron should return its color to water after about five minutes. After dyeing, saffron strands should not turn white or yellow at all and should remain red. The third point is to eat saffron.
Saffron, which is not of good quality, has a bad bitter taste when chewed.
Introducing grades of saffron
What factors affect the quality of saffron?
After talking about the methods of examining the quality of the grades of saffron, it is better to name some items that can affect the price of saffron. In general, the seed used for saffron planting, how to care for saffron during cultivation, the cultivated area, and how it is harvested can have a great impact on the quality of saffron and cause different grades of saffron.
What should we pay attention to when buying saffron?
When we want to buy grades of saffron, it is better to pay attention to the color of the saffron, its aroma, and its appearance. If you buy saffron several times, it will be easier for you to distinguish quality saffron from poor quality saffron. In the first step, it is better to go to a reputable store to buy saffron in different categories. Reputable stores usually always sell quality saffron. So, if you are worried about buying quality saffron, be sure to buy this product from reliable sellers so that you can get the product you need and use it without any special problems.
Saffron different qualities
- Super Negin Saffron: The percentage of safranal and crocin in this saffron is at its highest. This saffron has a very high color and aroma compared to other types of saffron.
- Semi-Negin saffron: The rank of semi-Negin saffron is much higher than other types of saffron, but it does not reach Super Negin saffron.
- Negin saffron: In Negin saffron, there is no curvature in the strings and the branches are separate and completely red.
- Sargol saffron: There is no yellow and white root in Sargol saffron. The most widely used type of saffron is this saffron.
- Straw saffron: Straw saffron is saffron that has red stigmas, along with some roots.
- Bunch of saffron: In this type of saffron, saffron strands are dried in a way that they are put together.
- Saffron root: The white part of the saffron color that is at the end of the saffron string is called saffron root, which does not have much color.
Saffron different qualities
Different qualities of saffron
As we told you before, saffron is produced in different qualities. We also told you what factors can affect the quality of saffron. However, different characteristics and factors can create grades of saffron and make this product exist for us in different types. However, this is known as an advantage. Because you can buy saffron categories according to the amount budget you want to use, and according to your taste.